Experience and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy or related field is required. Post-graduate degree preferred.
Five to seven years related work experience in government relations and/or political affairs. Experience working in health policy or within a medical specialty setting preferred. Capitol Hill and/or regulatory experience required.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent organizational, planning, and follow-through capabilities; attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, volunteer leaders, other organizations, and industry contacts; tact, diplomacy, and good judgment are essential.
- Positive attitude in the workplace
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing daily activities and schedules
- Ability to travel, as necessary
Energy, creativity, initiative, eagerness to learn, and professionalism required. Candidate must exemplify the STS Core Values of Quality, Innovation, Professionalism, Inclusiveness, and Teamwork.
STS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.